Saturday, November 22, 2008

Continental Style

Today, I finally worked up the courage to try continental style knitting. It feels really awkward right now, but I can see how it will be much faster once I get more practice. I'm happy that my stitches are still pretty even, but the edges look kind of funky. My right wrist will need to get used to the new position. It is a bit sore right now, but again, that will come with time.

I am making a square for Tiffany's ugly square project. I don't think kitties or dogs will mind if my stitches are a bit uneven. I'm using Vanna's Choice (Lion Brand) on size 6 bamboo needles. I will try to remember to check in on this blog periodically to record my progress.

2 comments:

Granny Bird said...

Good for you QB!

Anonymous said...

JB did not bother to learn continental because all the other knitters she met didn't use it and couldn't help her. If you plan to knit a lot and want to go faster, though, then you should definitely switch. Let us know how that works out for you.