Sunday, January 27, 2008

Knitting Podcasts

My DH bought me an mp3 player for Christmas - a strange gift (or so I thought) since I'm not a big music fan. Last weekend however, he downloaded 33 knitting podcasts from knitpicks.com onto it. I have been listening to one or two a night before bed and they are very relaxing. Kelly has a nice voice with good diction, and of course the topics are very interesting to a knitter.

The middle of the podcast is devoted to reviewing a few recently released knitting books. I have been able to reserve some of them from the local library. The website shows the topic of each podcast (when you click on it) as well as listing the books reviewed, so there's no need to frantically scribble down the title of any potentially interesting books.

I'm sure there are other knitting-related podcasts out there, just waiting for me to discover them, but right now I am quite content to listening to Kelly before bed. I guess this is like a bedtime story for adults. The link to the knitpicks.com podcasts is at the bottom of my blog.

3 comments:

Granny Bird said...

Is there anything that sweet DB won't do? He should be BOTW! I nominate him.

Anonymous said...

Lovely blog, Amy!
Do you find that technology, which is supposed to make our lives simpler are loading it up more?..computers, mp3's, dvd's ,cd's,HD's, Chocolates, Bluetooth,Blackberry etc? When do I find time to knit?!!
teresa_anawim

Anonymous said...

You gotta love technolagy.