Tuesday, January 29, 2008

January KAL dishcloths finished

This it my Monthlydishcloths January 2008 KAL. I used Bernat Handicrafter Cotton Naturals yarn in color new natural. I don't love this yarn. It doesn't have the smoother texture of P&C or S&C, but I bought a 14oz. skein, so I will be using it again. On the plus side, this yarn seems stronger than the others. I tried to break a piece with my hands and couldn't. I guess it will be good for scrubbing dishes, but I wouldn't want to use it as a washcloth.


This is the mid-month knit along made with Sugar 'n Cream Stripes, color Lime Stripes. I like the way the stripes look. I prefer it to the ombre yarns. I learned some new stitches on this. I has the combo YO Sl1-K1-PSSO. I've always been nervous about patterns with these seemingly complicated combos, but I figured, hey, it's just a dishcloth. Now that I've had practice with this stitch combo, I won't shy away from other/bigger projects using it. Oh, and I learned how to do the combo by watching the video on knittinghelp.com. I am finding this website to be invaluable, as I like to watch before I try.



6 comments:

DawnK said...

Ooooh. Pretty pretty! I love the mid-month in the green stripes!

Anonymous said...

LB says-
Oooo. Ahhhhhh. Pretty colors.

Aunt Kathy said...

Oh I just love that self striping yarn, isn't it awesome???

And your Quote from Sunday as well, that's a keeper

Granny Bird said...

They are too pretty to use as dishcloths.

Robin said...

Your cloths came out great! I love the stripes on the mid month KAL! Karen T. from Dishcloth KAL

teresa_anawim2 said...

Pretty pretty pretty!
No way is this going to be a dishcloth, I can tell!(unless you are having the company wash the dishes LOL)