Saturday, March 8, 2008

The Fast is Over!

Whew! I almost didn't make it the full 30 days without buying yarn or anything else "knitty"! I spent a lot of time browsing on ebay, etc. but didn't order anything until today. My next project is going to be the Kitty Pi. I ordered some Wool of the Andes - bulky - from knitpicks.com this morning, along with size 11 DPNs. I ordered the Impatiens and Ireland colorways. Lots of cats in my family, so I may have to knit a few of them.

Knitpicks' service can be kind of slow, but at least it is on its way. Yea! In the meantime, I will work on the Yarnharlot's one row scarf that I'm making for my DH for Christmas, as well as a few Easter and St. Pat's dishcloths. Someone at work told me she "just loves knitted dishcloths" so I finally have someone to unload them on. I have quite a stack of them in my Finished Objects drawer.

Oh, and another friend at work asked me to teacher her mom to knit. She is new in town, and her husband (friend's dad) was just diagnosed with cancer, so she is spending a lot of time waiting around at doctors' offices. I met with her on Monday and we covered casting on and the knit stitch. Next lesson will cover the purl stitch. After she practices those for a week or so, I will steer her toward an appropriate project. I suggested dishcloths or a scarf.

1 comment:

Granny Bird said...

Congrats QB on making it through the fast without buying anything!